How we’re defining
Precision medicine for infectious diseases
Helping clinicians identify the most appropriate therapy for their patients
ILÚM Insight® combines the automated insights from the pharmacy and lab to serve as a comprehensive clinical decision support and collaboration solution. As a precision medicine for infectious diseases solution, our vision is to empower clinicians with the best empiric choice then use data science and microorganism genomics to enable the clinician to make the definitive choice before the second dose is due.
Precision Antibiotic Therapy (PAT)
PAT is a machine learning model that synthesizes patient-specific risk factors, local epidemiology, and institution-specific guidelines to present real-time antibiotic guidance to clinicians. These predictions are categorized in accordance with local infectious diseases and antimicrobial stewardship recommendations.
- Predictions are often available before susceptibility results are returned, supporting earlier assessment of antibiotic therapy
- PAT uses demographic factors, prior antibiotic exposure, prior hospitalizations, and prior susceptibility to provide an individualized susceptibility prediction
- Our machine learning models support efforts to reduce antibiotic resistance through improved antimicrobial therapy decisions
Risk Factor Display (RFD)
Curated clinically relevant data such as prior antimicrobial exposure, microbiology results, and recent hospitalizations to assist providers’ evaluation of the likelihood of resistance.
- Collates and summarizes pertinent infectious diseases history per patient in a single view
- Brings information from disparate sources together across various facilities, encounters, and screens in the EHR
- Helps clinicians make informed antimicrobial choices
Want to learn what you can save?
Let ILÚM help you evaluate your potential savings and improvement in patient care.
Schedule an ROI consultation to learn more
Estimated antibiotic cost savings
w/ILÚM + mRDT
w/ILÚM + mRDT
Estimated hospitalization cost savings
w/ILÚM + mRDT
w/ILÚM + mRDT
Average length of stay reduction over 18 months
Projections for a 260-bed hospital with ALOS (average length of stay) of 5.0 days
Intervention Opportunity Perspective
Increased awareness with respect to intervention opportunities found and time to action for:
- IV to PO switch
- Redundant therapy
- Bug-drug mismatch opportunities
Financial Savings Perspective
A detailed breakout of the following costs saving estimations:
- Reduction in hospitalization costs
- Reduction in antibiotic costs
- Reduction in catheter related adverse event costs
- Reduction in C. difficile management costs
Operational Improvement Perspective
- Reduction in delays of important communication
- Increased discernibility from microbiology detail to contextual action
- Increase in patient context that led to predictions
- Increased stewardship transparency and activity
- Decreased average length of stay
- Decreased exposure to nasty bugs and other adverse events
Optimizing care for your patients
ILÚM Insight® enhances clinical communication and workflow by providing the most relevant patient data and context to the right clinicians at the right time. This ensures the patient treated at 3am is treated with the same sense of urgency as the patient treated at 9am.
Technology as Stewardship
Infectious Diseases insights and expertise to support clinicians 24/7.
- Provides around-the-clock access to infectious disease predictions and recommendations
- Contextualizes results from diagnostic tests into common and understandable terminology
- Streamlines ID approval for restricted antimicrobials and enhances clinical communication
- Confirms the clinician’s decision or provides alternate choices based on individualized PAT predictions
Click image to zoom
Clinical Workflow Optimization
- Transforms data into actions at the bedside (on mobile app or web-based solution)
- Helps clinicians prioritize antimicrobial decisions, and reallocate time to more complex patients/cases
- Configurable to optimize communication during and between shifts
- Opt-in notifications mitigate alert fatigue
Promoting clinical, financial and operational excellence
Our proprietary assessments arm leadership with targeted perspectives to identify process adherence, hard-to-find opportunity, and associated detail that tells a contextualized story. This enables you to take action to benefit the patient, clinician and hospital.
- Tableau® views – visualizations based on your preferences
- Embedded rules display operational performance at every level
- Consultative insights guide stakeholders to improvement opportunity
- Aligns performance with fee-for-value reimbursement and HAC penalties
- Facilitates continuous quality improvement based on adherence to your rules and guidelines
- Provides leadership with the ability to measure the impact of opportunity
- Actively identifies improvement and PI/QI initiatives
Optimizing your investment in rapid diagnostic testing
Microbiology and mRDT Results Optimization
Our vision is to identify the appropriate choice of therapy for your patient, before their 2nd dose is due. ILÚM Insight® communicates contextualized result information to the clinician as the result is received. We apply your rules and guidelines to these real-time laboratory results, as well as patient history, to offer your providers the best options for the most appropriate choice.
- Laboratory results are seldom acted upon quickly
- Turnaround times for results can be reduced from days to hours (see image below)
- Acting on real-time results leads to improved patient care and clinician satisfaction
- ILÚM Insight® is agnostic to laboratory test modality
- ILÚM Insight® helps you realize the promise of significant investments made in laboratory testing
Don’t just take our word for it
ILÚM leverages clinical machine learning models and relevant patient data to identify the likelihood of antimicrobial success or failure for each organism, and specific to each patient. Learn how ILÚM has created a new era in precision medicine for infectious diseases.
Download our case study by clicking the button below
PAT (Precision Antibiotic Therapy) was better than the antibiogram at predicting antibiotic resistance in 71% of cases.
Trust by clinicians at a prestigious academic medical center to change therapy based on a PAT prediction.