ILÚM is continuing to collaborate with healthcare institutions across the US. Check back regularly to learn about results of each partnership.
ILÚM partnered with East Jefferson General Hospital (EJGH), a general medical and surgical hospital in Metairie, LA, with 424 beds. Improvement of sepsis care is a priority across the hospital, and, in early 2015, EJGH began a pilot program with the clinical decision support solution (CDSS) from ILÚM. Evidence from this partnership has been presented at recent conferences.
The 2016 Annual National Forum on Quality Improvement in Health Care
- Improved identification of severe sepsis
- Earlier intervention and improved adherence to guideline-based care
- Improved clinical and economic outcomes
The Spring 2017 Conference for the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America
- Reductions in all-cause and sepsis-associated mortality
- Trend toward reduced ICU/CCU admissions
- High adherence to guideline-based care
The American Society for Microbiology Microbe 2017
- High rates of adherence to guideline-based care in patients with all types of sepsis
- Significant survival benefit in patients with severe sepsis
- Reduction in resource utilization in patients with sepsis